BrandLoyalty creates and implement innovative, tailor-made loyalty concepts for the world's leading retailers. Our clients include top players in the food retail sector worldwide, operating in a competitive environment. BrandLoyalty is part of Alliance Data Systems (ADS), a SEC listed company.
Purpose of the position:
The Sales Director will work on growing the business by prospecting new clients across different channels, and help to establish BrandLoyalty as the market leader in consumer loyalty solutions. The Sales Director will open doors at the most senior level (CEO) of the client organization and work diligently to successfully build new client accounts. This will involve building strong customer relationships, developing client growth strategies through consultative selling and creating program proposals, all of which will entail daily interaction with, and clear communications between internal and external key stakeholders.
The Sales Director will also be responsible for developing the sales strategy for Japan. On a daily basis, the Sales Director will be involved in the development of client projects and contract negotiations, concept development, program mechanics and planning, program P&L and problem resolution. S/He will partner with Accounts, Data and Digital teams to help establish a relationship with new clients and diversify expansion of services among existing clients and the broader positioning of the company in the marketplace.
- Develop the appropriate short-medium-long term sales strategy and go to market plans;
- Accountable for new business growth through identifying attractive prospects and secure initial meetings with key decision makers;
- Develop and evolve list of target prospects and create relationships with key decision makers at the C-level and all other appropriate levels;
- Anticipate, understand and communicate emerging marketing trends and technologies to qualify new business development opportunities;
- Evangelize and educate existing and prospective clients about the functionality and capabilities of the company’s Loyalty programs;
- Experience and understanding in brand, loyalty marketing, CRM and other data-driven marketing solutions;
- An existing network of senior relationships at national and international retailers will be a strong asset;
- Digital and social media savvy.
- 8+ years of relevant experience in solution selling and business development within FMCG/Retail and Retail related sector;
- Proven business development success via consultative selling to VP and C-level;
- A true marketer - understands integrated marketing levers, customer centric; detail-oriented along with strong analytical skills and business acumen;
- Strong presentation skills (written and verbal);
- Strong negotiating and influencing skills;
- Can do attitude, quick learner, independent and self-motivated.
- International mind set and or educated overseas or worked in multi-national company;
- Bachelor and/or Master degree in Business/ Marketing or comparable;
- Excellent communication skills in written and spoken English and Japanese.
Location and travel:
- Based in Tokyo;
- Comfortable with up to 50-75% travel.